Breakfasts to Start the Day Right
In my previous articles, I gave you the background needed to understand the principles behind a successful diet and weight loss routine. In the next several articles, I will give you some examples of the kinds of meals I personally consumed and helped me to shed 4o lbs after I recovered from my injury. All of these recipes are between 375 – 425 calories, are high in protein and MUFAs, healthy and delicious. Try them out and enjoy!
- 2-3 egg whites or equivalent egg beaters
- 2 tbs Hummus
- 1 tsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbs olive tapenade
- 2 tbs chopped tomatoes
- 2 slices of avocado
- 2 tbs crushed cashews, walnuts or almonds
- 1 tbs raisins
Peanut butter sandwich for breakfast, (lunch or a snack)
- 1 whole wheat sandwich thin
- 2 tbs of natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ sliced banana
- 1 packet instant oatmeal
- 2 tbs raw almonds
- 1 tbs raisins
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- Drizzle with 1/2 tsp low calorie maple syrup
- Garnish with some blueberries, strawberries or banana
These are just a few of the kinds of recipes that will start your day off right. Remember, small frequent meals containing the right kinds of ingredients is the key to proper nutrition and when combined with exercise will help you shed those unwanted pounds. I did it, so can you!
In my next installment, I will provide some recipes for easy, healthy lunches. Keep reading for insightful hints. Don’t be shy, submit your own suggestions or questions. I will be happy to give you my opinion.