- Name: Marsha DiAnne PerkinsRating: ExcellentReview:
I have so much to say that I don't know where to start. I was very apprehensive before my first meeting with Dr. Popper, but from the moment I walked in the door everyone, from Ellen at the front desk to Lori, the nurse who took my vitals and completed my chart, to Robin the office manager, made me feel completely comfortable and much less anxious.
When I met with Dr. Popper, he also put me at ease as we discussed the completed questionnaire I had submitted a few days earlier. I really liked that he paused several times during our discussion to ask if I had any questions. He wasn't talking "at" me, but was engaging me in a conversation about my sleep habits. He explained things very clearly. I never felt rushed. And I left with a good understanding of what was to come next.
When I returned for my sleep study that night, Duane the sleep technician was also very nice and responsive to my questions. He explained what everything was and what it was for before getting me prepared to go to sleep. The room was like a nice motel room, not at all like a clinical setting. I think this let me fall asleep very quickly.
When I woke up in the morning I felt better and more rested than I usually do because of the portion of the night spent sleeping with the CPAP unit. But my test did reveal what I was already pretty sure of. I was spending almost half of my time in bed not really asleep. I have moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea.
I'm now learning to sleep with CPAP. It's taking a little getting used to, but it's getting better each night. I'll come back here and report on my progress after I've had some time with my new "friend."
I cannot tell you how grateful I am to Dr. Popper and his entire staff for what they've done. I know that my life is going to change for the better when I'm sleeping well and sleeping through the entire night on a regular basis. THANK YOU to everyone at Southern California Pulmonary and Sleep Disorders Medical Center.
- Name: Kelly HannRating: ExcellentReview: When I came to see Dr. Popper in February of 2013, I was a senior at the University of Southern California and was a complete disaster. I had been struggling with sleep for 4 months and was averaging 1.5 hours per night for roughly 10 weeks. I was seriously considering dropping out of school with only one semester left until graduation. Under my primary physician's direction, I had tried 5 separate sleeping medications - all of them just making the problem worse.
Dr. Popper was the first doctor to understand the enormity of my insomnia and looked at me as a serious patient, not just a stressed out college student. He helped me improve my sleep hygiene and then was able to prescribe a medication that gave me instant relief. After seeing him for 6 months, I am now sleeping 9 hours per night without any medication and feel like a different person. I am so grateful to Dr. Popper and his staff for helping me. I would (and have) recommended Dr. Popper to anyone suffering with any sleeping problems!
- Name: Derek DauchyRating: ExcellentReview: Everything was well explained to me at both the office visit and the sleep clinic study. Dr. Popper walked me through all my options for treatment of my sleep disorder. I would recommend Dr. Popper and his sleep clinic to anyone suffering from sleep apnea or other related sleep disorders.
- Name: VickiRating: ExcellentReview: I am a board member of a national sleep apnea association, I moderate our support forum and Dr. Popper is my doctor. He is the kind of physician which we want all sleep apnea patients to have. He gets patients in to be assessed, tested and treated in record time, in days rather than the weeks or months I hear of in other horror stories. His follow-up to ensure patients are where they should be with their therapy is excellent. He listens to me and works with me collaboratively and we have a great partnership in my care. And, he truly wants the best for me. Because of my in-depth experience with my disorder and the advocacy work that I do, I would never trust someone with my health that had any less standards and knowledge than that of Dr. Popper.
- Name: Daniel McBrideRating: ExcellentReview: Staff very professional, excellent treatment and bedside manner by Dr. Popper. Low stress sleep exam. Very pleased.
- Name: Barry SchindelheimRating: ExcellentReview: I had some trepidations about participating in a sleep study. However, I would not have obtained all the valuable findings and solutions without taking the sleep study. I would highly recommend Dr Popper.
- Name: Milton RadantRating: ExcellentReview: Very excellent experience. The facility was clean, quiet and professionally staffed. The scheduling was very efficient and it worked out without any hitches. Any aprehensiones I may have had quickly vanished. Would recommend this Doctor and facility to anyone.
- Name: Daniel LorchRating: ExcellentReview: I have learned some vital information about my sleep that I hope will assist the Doctors in finding a solution. All technicians, nurses and secretaries have been extremely professional and helpful.
- Name: Stan GetzRating: ExcellentReview: I have recently completed a sleep study. The technician, Duane, took me on time. He was efficient and thorough while at the same time being sensitive and caring to my personal situation. He was very knowledgeable and made valuable recommendations that have improved my sleep. This is all typical of the friendliness and attentiveness of the entire staff. Since such things usually emanate from "the top," this care typifies that which I have received from Dr. Ronald Popper. We all need to sleep every day. With Dr. Popper's care I sleep well.
- Name: Steven HowardRating: ExcellentReview: I appreciate that Dr. Popper isn't quick to medicate his patients but attempts other solutions first before prescribing pills.
- Name: Kirk DonovanRating: ExcellentReview: Very informative and no surprises. Highly professional. Will recommend to anyone with a sleep disorder.
- Name: Stephen BernsteinRating: ExcellentReview: My experience with Dr.Popper and his entire sleep center staff, especially the technicians, has been so positive I regularly travel from my home in Colorado to California for my sleep apnea studies and treatment. Dr Popper is a true professional who spends as much time with the patient as is necessary and never has rushed me along. The facilities are top rate and the sensitivity of the staff is excellent. They go out of their way to explain every step of the procedure so there are no surprises. I have had sleep studies in Texas and Tennessee and since I have found Dr Popper and his crew, I am sticking with a winner. I have now had 3 studies and cannot recommend him more strongly
- Name: Lyndell Dean WolffRating: ExcellentReview: My experience was very positive. My medical history, current status and expectations were quite thoroughly analyzed in a professional and thoughtful manner. My interactions with Dr. Popper, his sleep study technician and nurse have all been pleasant, at no time have I been left feeling overlooked or rushed. The front office staff is friendly, courteous and efficient. After patiently guiding me through an insurance snafu on my first visit the prompt assistance I received is well appreciated.
- Name: David SandersRating: ExcellentReview: Dr. Popper diagnosed my apnea condition about 6 years ago. I have been under his care since that time and I am very pleased with the quality and consistency of the service he and his staff provide. Dr. Popper is very thorough in his examinations and provides excellent doctor to patient explanations of all matters pertaining to medical problems and general care.
- Name: Bill DownsRating: ExcellentReview: My sleep and my understanding of sleep problems has greatly improved. I highly recommend Dr. Popper.
- Name: Kellie RobinsonRating: ExcellentReview: Dr. Popper and his staff are equally hospitable and knowledgeable, and they take their time with their patients instead of rushing them. The environment is comfortable and the wait time is agreeable. I appreciate their service and friendliness!
- Name: John CarlsonRating: ExcellentReview: Dr Popper's professionalism and knowledge make me feel confident that I am getting the best treatment. He always checks for any changes in my medication and my general condition as well as any changes in my sleep patterns. He takes the time to discuss how changes may affect me and if there are any new options available to me.
- Name: Kevin MurphyRating: ExcellentReview: Clearly Dr Popper and his staff are top notch. More than that, like most I am very busy, and each of my 3 appointments so far, the doctor has been on time EXACTLY. Now that is amazing these days. I commonly wait 30 - 60 minutes past my appointment time at other doctors. Dr Popper quickly gave me the info I needed on each appointment, happy to answer questions, and my first appointment I had a lot of questions. Top Notch, that sums it up.
- Name: Terry EnrightRating: ExcellentReview: Doctor Popper and his staff have assisted me with my sleep issues for approximately twenty years. Considerable progress has been made and I continue to see doctor Popper once or twice a year. Being a long time patient, I am most appreciative of Doctor Popper's ongoing interest and energy for helping me. I'm always pleased with the amount of time he spends with me. The Doctor's Staff always makes me feel welcomed.
- Name: Kris KrugRating: ExcellentReview: Dr. Popper is thorough and professional. He was personally recommended by my own primary care physician, as opposed to merely recommending someone "on the provider list." He keeps up with the latest solutions in order to help all of his patients become as successful as possible. The examining rooms are relaxing, attractive sleep rooms. The staff is among the nicest I've ever met, in or outside of a doctor's office, from Ellen in the front office, to Lori the nurse, to Duane who did my sleep study at night.
I chose to drive farther to see Dr. Popper rather than see someone close to my house, and I definitely made the right decision. Every time I am tempted to skip the CPAP, I think of all of my test results without CPAP (which he explained to me in simple terms I could understand) and remember I am doing one of the easiest things to improve my overall long-term health possible. I am going to try Provent next for travel purposes and to show my hubby how easy addressing sleep apnea can be. Please see him and encourage your beloved, snoring spouse to go as well.
- Name: Roy M. HendersonRating: ExcellentReview: Very professional and well trained staff. Still a strange experience to spend the night in a strange bed, but easy to finish the study.
- Name: John DeckelmanRating: ExcellentReview: Got the results I was hoping for. Your facilities are very good and clean. The personnel are friendly and knowledgeable.
- Name: KahlilRating: ExcellentReview: It was good. Not what I expected it to be.....
- Name: Lori KozaRating: ExcellentReview: I came to the Sleep Medical Center suffering from extreme sleep problems. A very thorough history was taken and I was examined physically. Two nights of sleep study were performed. No stone is left unturned here. They're not out to just sell cpap machines, like many "sleep centers." I KNOW that MY particular problems are being addressed. And I am confident that they will be addressed UNTIL. The office is very nice; the staff very friendly and professional. Dr. Popper takes time with me as we iron out my issues. Oh...and I drive nearly 90 miles one way...and it's totally worth it. I'm SLEEPING the best I have slept in 20 plus years! Call!
- Name: DarleneRating: ExcellentReview: Dr. Popper is very thorough, the office staff makes a person feel very comfortable. I've experienced two sleep studies in the eight years. I have been a patient of Dr. Popper's and I have to say, I was nervous! The night staff for the sleep study made me feel very comfortable. The tech gave me a play by play as to everything he was going to do before he was hooking me up to the monitor and what to expect throughout the night. I highly recommend Dr. Popper as your next Pulmonary Sleep Disorder Doctor!
- Name: Kenneth BensonRating: ExcellentReview: I was very pleased with my overall experience. The members of Dr. Popper's staff were friendly and professional. They, along with Dr. Popper, treated me with respect and empathy. I participated in two sleep studies. The testing rooms had comfortable beds. The decor was was similar to those found in nice hotels. Dr. Popper explained the testing process and solutions with confidence. He took his time with me. This isn't always the case with other doctors.
- Name: Pamela AndersonRating: ExcellentReview: Office staff are always pleasant and most of all records are kept meticulously and always communicated to my other doctors. And Dr. Popper is one of the best and most thorough doctors I have met.
- Name: Diane J ScottRating: ExcellentReview: The office staff is very efficient and helpful. I like the fact that Dr. Popper listens to his patients concerns and doesn't try to 'force' any one modality of treatment. I tried another CPAP alternative through a dentist with very poor results (and resultant damage to my bite). I went into Dr. Popper having made the decision that I wanted to try ProVent and did NOT want a CPAP. He told me what my chances were for success with ProVent. I landed on the positive end of statistics and got very good results. At the onset, I asked Dr. Popper what my alternatives were if ProVent didn't work and I didn't want a CPAP, and he indicated a willingness to work with me to find an acceptable resolution to my sleep problems. I am very picky with doctors and really appreciate a doctor that listens to his patients.
- Name: Frank Dawson MDRating: ExcellentReview: I recently had an overnight sleep study. I wasn't sure quite what to expect. The center was clean, the bed comfortable, and the tech was able to make me feel comfortable as he got me wired up and explained the procedure. Dr. Popper gave me a thorough explanation of the findings and my several options for treatment. I will recommend this for more of my patients.